Monday, February 19, 2007

My very first meme

Ok, so I'm new to this whole blogging business, but supposedly ready for my first meme. Care of the lovely LVGurl. Thanks for breaking me in, LVGurl & showing me the ropes...

I need to write 6 things that are weird about me. Oh, I just wrote 3 below on my other post, do those count? Ok, I know, I know, I've got a lot more weird stuff where that came from. So, here we go:

1) At a young age, I was quite interested in dead things and trying to perform "operations" on them. What were these dead things, you ask...well, a roly-poly or a bee or much to my mother's complete and utter horror, she found me once with a dead mouse. She said she almost had a heart attack and then looked at me - I was so sad this mouse had died and was so lovingly (with my super powers) trying to revive it at age 5. Needless to say, I did not go on to become a surgeon and my mom bought me the game "operation" to play with instead.

2) When I'm in bad dream mode, I am often giving a speech where I must defend my position with whomever the bad guy is. To top this off, I can't get the words out because I'm having a hard time breathing. I usually wake up from these dreams to hear the end of my huffing and puffing, muffled speech outloud as Mimmo tries to soothe my forehead with "bad dream, huh?!,"

3) 1/4 of my right iris is a different color than the rest. Really, a perfect 1/4. My mom told me that they called it a "freckle" when I was born, but god knows where they got that from. It looks nothing like a freckle. Just a 1/4 lighter.

4) I come from a line of immigrants on both sides who came to America to seek opportunity and fortune. They left from the Philipines & Greece, worked hard so that their children could go on to get an education (both my mother and father got their Masters and worked as professionals in their fields of journalism and psychotherapy). Thus, I was born into opportunity and on the fruits of my grandparents' labors. And, what did I do? Decide to become an artist, never financially-secure, travel the world, and go back to live in a very similar place where they fought so hard to leave from.

5) I've been known to predict earthquakes and know what someone was going to say exactly right before they've said it.

6) I am the country mouse/city mouse all-in-one. I went to N.Y.U. in the middle of manhattan to U.C. Santa Cruz in the middle of the redwood forest for god's sake. I am equally comfortable in both places, yet can't take one for too long over the other (oy, N.Y. summers had me screaming to see trees, lakes, and mountains. Monte di Procida winters have me screaming to be in a lower east side bar, drinking a glass of wine, watching a band, and keeping warm in the crowded ballroom).

Now, the rules are, I must "tag" 6 other bloggers. I'm with LVGurl on this one...I don't know too many bloggers yet, but here we go...I tag Kristina K, Christine Arnesen, Tracie B., brynne, and...and...dang LVgurl, I can't tag you back and leanor rivoalan is only 3 months old here...so, I guess we will be 4 instead of 6.

Oh, and will someone please tell me how to link from your posts! y'all make it look so easy!

3 comments:

LVGurl said...

I remember the freckle in your eye! And how you could freak me out by predicting what I was going to say. And I vaguely recall watching the video of your birth announcement...?

Okay, this is how you link.

When you are writing a post and want to link to something, write out the word or phrase, then highlight it with your cursor. Then, look at the toolbar -- there is a little icon of a globe with a chain link superimposed on it. It's next to the "T" -- the text color icon. When you click the little globe, a pop-up window appears, and you can enter the link. Hit "OK" and the word or phrase you want linked is a different text color. Readers can click on the text to see your link.

Did that make sense? Technical writing... not my forte so much.

Tracie P. said...

d'oh! ok.

Anonymous said...

Never financially-secure, travel the world, and go back to live in a very similar place where they fought so hard to leave from!

l have done the same!! Crazy? l don't know ... a whole bunch of crazy wonderful memories... Most definately!!