Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Bed Rest, Part 2

Yep, you heard that right. I have once again been sentenced to bed rest. The good news is that bambino is good. The bad news is that la mamma took a la fall-a (no that's not an italian word, but I couldn't help myself :-). I slipped on a wet step yesterday at Mimmo's mom's house and fell backwards, hitting my back against the step. Ouch. So, I'm immobile at present, back to the couch, feet elevated and icing the back. I tried my best not to go stir crazy today and instead tried to find as much humor in the situation as possible. It helped that Leila called and I got a good long conversation in with her and then my mamma called shortly after. That's the thing about bedrest...it could perhaps be a bit more endurable if I was nearby friends or family members that could come visit me or have some decent t.v. or dvds to watch. Mimmo did go out and get me "Io, Tu, & Dupree" which I'm saving for tomorrow. Anybody have a good story to tell me?!

So, yesterday, before the fall, we had prenatal appt. #2 with Dr. Cicala and when we did the ultrasound, baby decided to wave! Ha! I'm glad he/she is doing good in there and moving around as la mamma is clumsily trying to get up and down :-)

2 comments:

LVGurl said...

You're giving me a heart attack here. Be safe!

I'm glad the bambino is doing well and waving :)

christine arnesen said...

You be careful, we don't want any more slips!

This is when you wished Italian TV was actually worth watching (no offence Italians but you do have the worst TV in Europe!)