Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pasquetta & the Catch-Up...

It's been a long time for me with no internet and no phone line, but I think I may have just found my temporary sanctuary in Tullio's (my brother-in-law's) "office".. Tullio has a club called "Vivi l'estate" that happens to have a clubhouse with 2 computers and adsl...and guess who now has the keys?! YES, YES, YES!!!

I have been right smack in the middle of change and movement - inside & all around me. We moved and have been adjusting the house and yet we're leaving in 2 months to go to California. It's hard to feel settled obviously when I know we're going. Mimmo and I are both excited and have no idea about what we're up for in the move out west. There are a lot of unknowns, but our vision is that we will open a business out there and come back to Monte di Procida for the summers (just like all the other Montesi-Americani here). I am trying to trust a lot as I am not a grrl who is a planner. It usually starts with an instinct, a vision, a need which I follow, but it feels a bit different now with a husband and a child to think of as well in my journey. Mimmo's looking into getting a leave from work, we're trying to figure out visas, and I'm also trying to organize our California wedding celebration which is happening in 2 months.

For all the mixed emotions I have about living here, it's strange to think about NOT living here for me right now. On Friday, I went to Procida with Gilda (my mother-in-law) and Manuela (my niece) to watch the Good Friday Procession (the camera was not working at the time) and I felt so emotional at the thought of not being on this beautiful bay this summer. I am trying to remind myself that we will spend our summers here and also about how hard it is for me to be here the rest of the year. I have deeply missed my friends (who are my family), my art, my family, and being in a more open community. I'm also trying to focus on all the possibilties. And, the gratitude that I feel for having both this place to call home and California as well.

But, most of all, I am trying to just really enjoy this moment. With all the movement and change and unknowns, I have these 2 months here to soak in.

Monday for Pasquetta, Mimmo, Manuela, & I took our first sailboat ride of the season to Procida. It was a beautiful, sunny day on the bay and when we returned, we were blessed to get enough wind to get a real viaggio a vela. I was happy that the baby also got his/her first ride in....with many more to come...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you do have a lot of changes going on, how exciting. As long as you have a vision and trust, everything will fall into place.. planning is really a way we make ourselves feel reassured.

Tracie P. said...

that's ischia! i see mt epomeo :)