Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mamma said there'd be days like this...

After a difficult Tues. Dr.'s appt. (will post on later), I found myself blessed on Wed. with cancelled lessons and a free day to spend with Mimmo. We immediately took advantage of the situation and headed to our small port, Aquamorta.

We took the boat out to the other side of San Martino, one of Mimmo's favorite spots since he was a boy, to fish for cozze (mussels).

While Mimmo went down to the rocks,



I climbed upwards to find myself a spot in the sun next to beautiful, clear waterways.


There I rested and pat my belly


and tried desperately to tan my very white (only at present, mind you) self.


Mimmo popped up at one point to proudly show me his catch so far



as I continued to relax and take in the sun. I opened my eyes and noticed a change in the sea.



The tide seemed to be coming in strong, crashing against the rocks.



So I called to Mimmo to come back. He climbed up the rock and showed me a baby octopus.



And his catch of the day - not a cozze to be found, but lots and lots of scongigli (sea snails)!

3 comments:

nikinpos said...

lovely photos,but that is not a belly! You wait! I took photos of my tummy at 4 1/2 months and 5 months thinking it was massive. Looking back now I can hardly see the bump. But the photos at 8 months...that was different, it looked like I had been pumped up with a bicycle pump!

LVGurl said...

Ahhh, you look so happy and content!

Any news if baby is a bambino or bambina?

Ecrinfli said...

"Sconcigli" not "Scongigli" your italian deserve to be learnt better (your Napolitan is ok).