Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ode to Leanor Indira Rivoalan

I am in the midst of packing and you know how you find those random scraps of paper along the way? Well, with me it's more like a paper trail...I found this lil' ditty I wrote to dear, Leanor Indira Rivoalan who is the daughter of my long-time European friend/partner in crime, Sandra. At the time, Sandra was very pregnant and Leanor was late in coming. I had a dream that she was named "Carina Rosa" and so, the name inspired the words following....

"Carina Rosa" sounds like a song.
"Cute Rose" in English sounds very wrong.
But, "Carina Rosa" in Italiano has a nice poetic ring.
Perhaps only to this foreign girl who invented it in her dreams.
Carina Rosa, you are inside my dear friend, Sandra's tummy.
She told me you're not quite ready to face your head down.
She told me she's doing accupuncture to perhaps help move you along.
But, I know you will, dear Carina Rosa, come in your own sweet time.
I know you will be strong, sweet, and beautiful too!
Carina Rosa, born to a Portugese mamma and French papa in Geneva, Switzerland.
What a life you're coming into!
I see you, red, bursting, drawing all in with your sweet scent.
I see me, holding, rocking you as you take my pinkie with full hand.
Soon, I hope, so soon our meeting will be held.
But, for now, sweet Carina Rosa, I know you're swimming.
And when you're ready to come to shore, you will. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo beautiful not just the words also the thought of such a sweet gesture.

Tracie P. said...

aw! that is so sweet :) how's yours coming along?